This soup is like a perfect fall vitamin – full of the good stuff to help prepare your body for the coming cold. It is perfect for a meal to go in a cup. Equally delish as a main, with some toasted pumpkin seeds as croutons and perhaps a little shaved cheese or brewer’s yeast to top.
• 4 Macintosh apples* – peeled, cored and chopped
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon medium curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin or toasted cumin seeds
• 1 (15 ounce) can organic pumpkin puree
• 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
*you can substitute one or two Mac’s for Grannie Smith – it will give it a tarter flavour – we prefer this, but most people prefer the sweetness of the Mac.
The photo to the left – is a good size to cut the apples to.Continue reading