There is hard evidence that sugar/high-fructose corn syrup and industrial seed oils are toxic to the body and contribute to virtually all modern, degenerative diseases – from obesity to diabetes, heart disease and autoimmunity conditions. There is a huge growing body of evidence that soy, in its processed form (i.e. soy milk, soy protein isolate, etc.) is an endocrine disruptor and anti-nutrient and is best avoided.
There is not a one size fits all diet plan for all of mankind. That is why some people do amazing on gluten-free, some on paleo, and some on low carbohydrates. That is why there are “diet fads.” A percentage of the population always has enough success to sell a book, a pill, a plan for a period of time.
We all need to experiment and come up with our own blue-print for healthy eating.
Once a healthy person determines which foods cause weight gain, energy loss, bad skin, allergies – he or she should stick to this plan 80% of the time, and not worry if they indulge a bit the other 20%.
However, if you are sick, recovering, have severe allergies or any other condition – once you determine your individual blueprint – you will know how to eat and nourish yourself to heal.
There are also the common sense principals.Continue reading