Everyone should have a simple base muffin recipe in their arsenal – this is a good one. The use of a high quality protein flour mix goes a long way to ensuring breakfast fuels you through to lunch and keeps you focused and tuned in to whatever you are up to. Add what you like into the mixture – just try and make it something nutritionally worthy to your day*.
These are an excellent “take on the plane” snack/meal as well!
• 1 cup 2% organic milk**
• 1 cup quick cook organic oats
• 1 free range egg
• 1/4 cup light olive oil
• 1 cup mix kamut/quinoa flour
• 1/4 cup organic liquid honey
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla
**if you are dairy intolerant substitute coconut milk.
1/2 cup mix raisins and raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup mix dried cherries and organic dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup mix chopped up dried apricots and toasted flaked coconut
1/2 cup diced pineapple and toasted flaked coconut*
1/2 cup organic raspberries or blueberriesContinue reading
Pesto is a very versatile sauce/condiment. Traditionally it has been used with pasta. Now it has evolved into a popular marinade.
This recipe is made with basil or alternatively with one of the following as the main ingredient:
• Cilantro – goes amazing with white meat and fish and makes a crazy delicious salad dressing. You can also mix this into short grain brown rice to make one of my specialties – green rice (recipe to be posted later).
• Arugula – great with any cold appetizers, salads or on a fresh baked focaccia
• Spinach/mint – with Israeli cous cous salad, barley dishes, quinoa. It can also be used to make a fantastic Greek pizza base.Continue reading